Monday, February 16, 2009

Ahhh...the Adventures of Motherhood

Its been a while since I wrote on here. Things have been crazy, I mean, how does one person get sick twice in one week? When they have kids to propagate germs of course! That was me this week, sick as a dog with a stomach bug and then a bad cold right after.

Anyway, here is a quick update on how things have been. I found out this past week by accident that Kaylee + Zyrtec = Crazy, defiant Kaylee. I took her off of the Zyrtec and her behavior got much better.

But after I took her off of her allergy medicine, she started acting really weird, all hyper, she had hives on her face, and her behavior was still icky. For instance (for those who want to know) I could not ask Kaylee a question because she couldn't answer it without getting upset by saying "yes/no/yes/no". Kaylee also has mushy stools again, which is a clue that there is a food that she is eating and not tolerating. (Most moms of kids with autism end up with a "poop obsession", if you cannot already tell...)

Now that there are more food allergies we have found, it appears that it is an allergy to either chocolate or tomato or both. Poor kid. She has such a limited diet. If I have to cut out anything else I am in trouble. I don't know what she will eat besides plain chicken and boiled water!

I am trying to find things to make up for what she misses now. For instance I just spent a whopping $6 a bag for some stuff called "carob" chips and dairy-free white chocolate chips! I also found some "No-mato" catsup online for $6, too. It's made with carrots. (Yum, right?) We'll see what the verdict is on that soon...

Otherwise, when I cut these allergies out, Kaylee is an angel. I mean, no resisting about anything! She is a joy. In fact, thats what her name is: Kaylee Joy, because we knew that's what she would bring when she came into this world. Oh how I hope and pray things can stay this way! She is so much happier, and I think she feels better.



On a silly note, if you are wondering about what a taste of being a mom of 3 kids of three years and under is like, take a look at a sample of what I sweep off of my dining room floor!


*sigh* A woman's work is never done!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm.... I can totally relate to your pile of goodies after having swept up the floor along with Katie's toys. Although, lately I've told her that if I find her toys on the floor, I will throw them in the garbage ;)

    I cannot believe that someone has so many food allergies. Poor Kaylee :( Praying that she'll outgrow all of them in time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,

    What memories this brings back! I'm glad Kaylee is doing better and that you are feeling well again.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been experimenting with No-Mato chili because my dh gets heartburn. I mean I am NOT the greatest cook but even other people's tomato-filled cooking gives him heart burn . . .

    Re: the picture . . . It reminds me of what I have found under the refrigerator! :-P

    Kaylee looks like a doll!!!!! I love the bright faces of Joey and Abbie!

    ReplyDelete