Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kaylee's Allergy Treatment Update

It's been over 2 weeks since Kaylee's first visit with another doctor, Dr. Oberg, and I wanted to wait to post about her progress since I wanted to be sure before I said this...

THIS TREATMENT IS WONDERFUL!!!

For the past few months Kaylee has been on a strict Elimination Diet (no wheat, no milk, no soy, no nuts, no eggs, no yeast, no chocolate, low sugar, only 3 fruits, no tomato, no dyes, no preservatives) and Benadryl everyday. She has had an air purifier in her room, carpet removed, and everything else a mom could do, and yet her allergy symptoms were not abating. Kaylee still had major meltdowns (Sometimes up to 20 a day. All I had to do was ask her a question) and these really dark "allergic shiners". Not any "typical" allergy symptoms like a runny nose or sneezing, though and that's what used to throw me off.

Nothing has worked for Kaylee until now. Her dark under eye circles are fading, and her meltdowns are almost non-existent, she pays attention much better, her stimming is decreasing again. I find myself constantly bracing myself for her outbursts and I am pleased to find they don't happen! She is about 50-75% better already, and the people in the office tell me she will be at least 90% better in the coming weeks as her immune system cools down. The transformation thus far is such a blessing.

There is so much I want to cover about this treatment, I don't know where to start so I am going to cover it in a number of posts about what this treatment is, why and how it works, and Kaylee's before and after.

More to come!

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing, Jen! That's so great that she's benefitted from this treatment so early on and that it'll be even better in the near future :) Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I'm looking forward to your future posts.

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete