Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Who would've thought????

...that a simple pumpkin could mean so much?


But this pumpkin stands for a lot around here. It symbolizes normalcy, living life...the way other people do.

Normalcy is a little something we haven't had in this house for 3 years.

The last three years have been tumultuous, so I didn't really use my energy to decorate for holidays. I just couldn't muster up the enthusiasm. This year is going to be different. Starting now.

Yeah. It's just a pumpkin carved into a jack-o-lantern. But round here, its a new beginning.




*Kaylee and Joey watch Grandpa carve a pumpkin








*Inquisitive kiddos gather round the new creation

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I may have mentioned this before, but when Ryne was first diagnosed a veteran autism mom told me that some day I'd be shopping for dining room furniture, meaning life would be normal again. At the time I thought the comment was shallow and even a little hurtful. But after a few years I understood. Life does eventually become more and more normal, but I think because of what we've been through we enjoy those "pumpkin moments" even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie, yes! Your dining room furniture quote has never left my mind...Really! That "quote" helped me hope for some better times. And how so very right you are about being able to enjoy the simpler moments more so because of those difficult times!

    ReplyDelete