Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kaylee Surprised Me...

Kaylee surprised me yesterday morning when she told me, "Look Ma! I made a person!"



Ain't it cute? See the arms are coming out of the sides of the head? You can't see it but this person has some stick feet and legs, too. I couldn't believe she made it herself until I called my husband at work and asked if he did it! Sure enough Kaylee did it all by herself!

Why is this so cool? It's because it represents another developmental milestone for her. Not only does that take fine motor control, but much more maturity cognitively speaking.

A year ago, this kid was eatin' crayons and the paper labels on them.

This year, drawing pictures!!!!!!!

I just remembered that her IEP for school was to draw a face with eyes and they were going to work her through one body part at a time and here she does the whole shebang!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Kaylee!!! Looks great!!! Jen, she's doing wonderful, praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL picture!!! I am glad you took a picture since it is not permanent!

    ReplyDelete