Monday, November 17, 2008

Update for 11/17/08

Kaylee is closing in on 10 days of full strength Diflucan and boy are we all feeling it. Even her teachers (on day 8) at school have called to say that they were having trouble with her too. The main problem is excessive tiredness and lots of tantruming from transitioning. For instance, in church yesterday she decided that she didn't want to go home and threw herself on the ground screaming at the top of her lungs in front of everybody. Lovely!

I was a bit embarrased to say the least, but most of the people in our church know and understand that Kaylee is going through a hard time right now and they are very supportive.

Also a bit of some "spaciness", but even in her bad die-off stage, she is still better than before we started the NIDS protocol! How bout that?

I have decided to temporarily suspend potty training until this time is over, why make things so hard on myself? Right now things are very tiring for all of us as we deal with Kaylee's irritability.

Kaylee hasn't regressed cognitively, even though she is in die-off stage right now. Let me go over some of the strides she has made thus far:
  • Kaylee is brighter now, she pays attention to me the first time I say something and obeys!
  • She no longer wakes up in the middle of the night, sleeps much better and longer.
  • She answers some questions instead of just repeating back answers to us.
  • Now she puts on her own shoes and attempts to dress herself.
  • When not in a die-off stage, she no longer has any trouble with transitioning
  • Kaylee has much more eye-contact and interaction
  • and most wonderfully, she asks for hugs and kisses now!

I must give credit to the One who lead us to where we are today, who heard our prayers and answered them, even though He didn't have to. Thank you, Father God for being mindful of us.


5 comments:

  1. Praise God! It sounds like Kaylee's making some real big strides :) After reading over your blog, I cannot stop thinking of your courage and strength. I know that this all is so difficult for you and I will definitely pray for all the unknowns and for continued success.God is SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenny, you are encouraging :) I know you would do the same for your little girl if you were in my situation, I am just ordinary, I just have an extraordinary God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great gains! I'm sure that helps keep you going during the hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just stumbled onto your blog and I have to rejoice and praise God with you! My son has autism as well and has had many issues. I can completely empathize with the die-off stages. I don't know if your doctor suggested it but whenever my ds is on Diflucan, we also give him grapefruit seed extract which pulls the die-off toxins out of the body more quickly. We have had great success with it. I am so thrilled to hear of Kaylee's strides. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

    In Him,

    Alli in VA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Alli, you are encouraging! I have never heard of the GSE, but that's great!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete