Monday, September 22, 2008

An Answered Prayer

Hopefully I am not speaking too soon, but I believe that Kaylee is experiencing a "die-off" reaction! Today is day 14 on Valtrex (her antiviral) and she is extremely irritable and on the edge...as if she is getting sick. She also has to be woken up to go to school too, which used to be unheard of!

Now, I know it seems absurd, but this is actually an answer to prayer for me. Two days ago I prayed for some sort of reaction to reassure me so I would feel better about the path we were taking with Kaylee. As Dr. Russell told me, this is a good thing, it means we are on the right track and getting rid of those viruses that have made their oh-so-comfortable home in Kaylee's body, and these viruses are fighting back with a vengeance!

Lately, I have been trying to be so specific with my prayers so that I know when God answers me! I am guilty of praying the general prayers like "Lord, please heal Kaylee from autism if it is your will." Not that there is anything wrong with that, I still pray for that. But now I have faith that God will answer my prayer in the way He sees fit when I ask for something specific. This isn't some formula or ploy to "make" God give you what you want. It's about how you can really see God move then! I am praying for little steps. It makes sense...because when you pray for something specific, believing that your Father hears you, you get an answer quicker, your faith is strengthened, and He feels so close. And that's the best feeling of all.

For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
Psalm 32:6

No comments:

Post a Comment