Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blessed be the Name of the Lord

Lately there has been a black cloud of fear hanging over me, looming over every moment of my life. Somedays I feel as if I am overcome with doubts that discourage me until overwhelmed with I am a title wave of sadness where I can't find my way back out again or remember where it started. I usually try resolve this by either doing more research to find more answers about autism (which I have realized hasn't really ever made me feel better) or by reading God's Word and admitting my fears to Him. If it is quiet and I go to Him, He always answers me.

Thankfully, my husband also seems to know the right things to say to encourage me and make me feel better. I know people say that autism can tear a family apart, but it has only made our marriage stronger, and I thank God for that.

Only time will tell if we are doing the right thing for Kaylee. Honestly, I am scared of disappointment. I don't care so much about the money or time, I care about being out of the "window" of time that we can really help Kaylee have a "normal" life, and that this wont work. Because we are taking this route, we have forsaken many other ways.

I can't even imagine, or maybe I won't let myself imagine, that Kaylee would come out of this shell someday. Sometimes when she looks into my eyes and talks to me, I feel like I can see a glimpse of her, of how things could be.

In a book I read recently by Mike Singletary (yes...the football player!) said "You do your part the best you can, and you leave God to do the rest." That is what I cling to. All I can do is my best based on what I know and what resources God has given me and I know that if it is His will He will bless my efforts.

But no matter what, I will say Bless the Lord. Even if I don't get my heart's desire, I will still say "blessed be the name of the Lord."

I will grieve and I will cry, but I know that my father God still loves me and will give me the grace and strength to get through because He promised His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment