Sunday, October 26, 2008

For Such a Time as This...

Today my pastor was teaching out of the book of Esther, and we came to the part where Mordechai, Esther's cousin, was urging her to go to the King and plead for the lives and the preservation Jewish people.

For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? Esther 4:14

God had put Esther in the place He desired her to be in to do His Will, to save His people. He gave her favor in the eyes of the king and the people so that she would become queen. Now it was her time to do what God wanted her to do. He had ordained her for such a time as this. But God wasn't going to do everything for her, she had to take a chance and put her life at risk.

I got to thinking about myself and my job as a wife and a mother. I have, at times, been so discouraged, so grieved about my circumstances. I have told God "I can't handle all of this!"

But today, I realized, that God knew what He was doing, He intentionally, sovereignly allowed these these burdens into my life because He believed that I, and all of the other mothers of children who live with autism, could act for such a time as this. How encouraging that is, to know that God is in control and that He has asked me to simply do a job made just for me:

...young women...be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children. Titus 2:4

This is an encouragement to anyone and everyone out there...God has a job for you and for you only and only you can do it in such a time as this. And as someone wise said somewhere: If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it. That doesn't mean He'll do everything for you, but He will do everything on His part so that you can do yours.

Grace and Peace to you through our Lord Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Jennie,

    Thanks for an encouraging post! Boy howdy have I shared those same feelings so many times, "I'm not able to handle this, I'm not good enough, I'm inadequate etc." all the while forgetting that it is He who will make us complete!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete