Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update

It has been a month of Valtrex treatment and thankfully, things are getting better around here. Kaylee is doing well and not as irritable, although she still has low grade fevers in the afternoon, Kaylee's sleep habits are much much better! We have had sleep problems with Kaylee since last November, with night-waking, not falling asleep, and early waking. Sometimes all three problems in one night!

I wanted to wait a little while after things started getting better to make sure it wasn't a tease. (That has happened before and then I breathe a sigh of relief too early.) But things have been going well for about 2 weeks now, at least.

Now, Kaylee is taking naps everyday and sleeping 11 hours a night, too! I am so grateful, because good sleep means a happy kid. And a happy kid means a happy Mama.

Kaylee also seems to be getting "clearer" if that makes sense. She is talking to me now a lot more and not just at me. She looks at me and wants to share with me, and she is much more affectionate, giving me kisses. However, she still has much trouble understanding what is being said to her and has trouble following directions. I'm not sure how much of that is behavioral and how much of that is due to her diagnosis.

We still have lots of issues here, but I am grateful for the gains made already, and each time I give Kaylee her medicine, I hope we are a little bit closer to getting her better.

No comments:

Post a Comment