Monday, March 2, 2009

A cookin' fiend!

That's me lately...I have been burning things up in the kitchen. My wonderful husband was my hero and helped me late at night, too. (It's really hard to cook while holding an 11-month old.)

Last night we made Gluten free/Casein Free Meat Puffs. I didn't want to put a picture of them up here because they look gross! They taste awful too, but Kaylee loves them and we hide beef, carrots, sweet potatoes, and zucchini in them.

The night before that we made a bunch of GF/CF/Soy free/Egg free pancakes, too. Then I freeze them, because it is so convenient (and necessary!) to have stuff already made and ready to pop in the microwave.

The reason for all this cooking is that I am yet again cutting another ingredient from Kaylee's diet because I have to be totally sure there is not a food allergy going on and that ingredient is soy. And soy is in EVERYTHING! So basically I have to make everything she eats from scratch now. But that's ok. She's more than worth it!

Dr. Russell didn't tell me to do this, he told me he doesn't think her diet is the culprit here for her allergies and the return of her "bad poops". I think he's right but I need to be totally sure. I will be finding more out about that very soon, I believe.

So that is all for now...May God be with you!

4 comments:

  1. Go with your gut! If she is okay with soy, you can always add it back into her diet . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not post a picture of my soup for the same reason! Do the other kids eat the gluten free/no soy stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it doesnt seem to be soy, guys. My other kids eat GF sometimes but they drink milk (thats raw and unpasteurized...straight from the cow!) I have been eating Gluten free for 2 weeks now and i feel better. Probably because most stuff with wheat is bad for you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen! I didn't realize that you do raw milk? I'm sure you've done a lot of research on it, but I remember a story about a pregnant woman that lived on a dairy farm drinking milk and getting listerosis. Here's a link from the FDA (I normally wouldn't consider anything "accurate" and trustworthy from this agency given the fact that they just push out new meds and stuff without real research all of the time) but I'm uncertain to the healthy aspect of raw milk http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/504_milk.html. I'm all for healthy and organic, so if there's something more I need to know about the benefits of drinking milk this way, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete