Monday, March 9, 2009

Yet Another Mountain to Climb

I can't believe it! All of my kids are sleeping at once! That never happens...it's nice.

So while I have this free moment I know there are other things I should be doing I wanted to give a quick update about some new developments in Kaylee's treatment.

I have discovered after talking at length with the director at the NY clinic that Kaylee has an allergy problem that needs to be resolved by consulting with an allergist. She told me that Kaylee is one of those 5% of children that have greater issues than most.

*Sigh*

The allergist is 70 miles away, which is great. But now I have to wait until June 8th to see him! That's 3 months away! I cried (there I go again!) when I got off of the phone at their office. I wish I didn't have to wait to get Kaylee the help she needs so badly.

*Sigh again*

Kaylee is doing great if she feels well. IF. If her allergies are bad we have severe behavior problems with her. I just can't figure it out.

But not only is our waiting a problem, but we have to pay for all of her treatments completely out of pocket, and it looks like it will cost us at least $2000. We are already stretched so thin. I don't know how we will do this but we will trust the Lord to provide. He always has been faithful to us. We have seen Him provide miracles for us.

About the treatment we will be doing, it is called sublingual P/N (Provocation and Neutralization). It has to do with allergy drops that eventually help to desensitize the immune system. The nurse at the clinic said that Kaylee's inconsistent behavior is related to her dysfunctional immune system and that if we do this treatment it will "change our lives". I think she is right.

Uh oh, I think I hear one of the kids! So that's all for now. Please keep us in your prayers! We'll keep you in ours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment