Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wow! Lots of blessings!

Today, I received a phone call and it was the allergist's office telling me they wanted to move Kaylee's appointment up to April instead of June! At first I was so troubled about how long we had to wait for her to see the allergist, but then I gave it up to the Lord and He took care of it. Thank you Lord! Blessing #1!

Then, oddly, I ran out of Kaylee's antifungal and she started acting better! The past 2 days she has told me over and over she loves me and she hugs and kisses me. Her behavior has been splendid! Because she isn't so upset all of the time, she is more social and telling me everything she observes. Today she said "It's sunny outside, it's a beautiful day!". She even said today, "I'm happy! I'm not crying today. I'm all done crying!" Blessing #2! It looks to me like I need to talk to the doctor about that...

And something new happened today that I don't know if I have ever seen before in Kaylee. She laughed at a joke! This is HUGE. Kids with autism (and usually Kaylee) have trouble processing abstract concepts, especially jokes. Blessing #3!

She is answering questions in a cute and creative way. I asked her today:

"Kaylee, what does a frog eat?"

She exclaimed, "A frog eats...um...chicken!"

Hmmm...I would like to see that one!

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you and Miss Kaylee! God is good!

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, That is COMPLETELY AWESOME! Kaylee's making such big strides and it was absolutely no coincidence with the antifungal :) Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! This is good news. Thank you also for praying for Matthew. He is doing so well.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if frogs taste like chicken . . . tee, hee, hee . . .

    ReplyDelete